Thursday, August 9, 2012

Raya 2012 - Part 1


one of my fav during Hari Raya
Assalamualaikum and happy fasting to everybody...
how time flies, its already 20th of Ramadhan now and thats mean we are nearing to the month of Syawal and to the end of Ramadan al mubarak soon... and yes this is the 5th year im going to celebrate the Eid away from my family ;-( ... its sad and of course it is difficult to be away from our love ones especially when my mum is not really well (mum was diagnosed of early cataract and had cataract surgery last Jun... even thought the surgery went well, its take some times for elder people like her to fully recovered). Hope you will get well soon Ma..Amin


many asked me why im not coming home for Raya...i just dont know... sometimes i feel like im belong here.this is the place that i should be. i feel happy here. i have everything that i wanted here and thats why im happy to be here... but of course i miss my family, my friends... i miss home cooking especially my mum's signature rendang campur minang (mixture of spicy meat, liver, lung etc  dish) kuah lodeh (coconut vegetable stew) and having good times with my relatives and friends.i still remember we used to send each other kad raya back then during my childhood...this practice had become our routine during/before Hari Raya. it was so much fun when you received a musical card instead of the ordinary raya card (bangga gitu).but now i dont even got one.people tend to send electronic cards via facebook or sms (much more cheeper and fast). and one thing i cannot forget how fun it was to play the firecrackers and fireworks during the nights before hari raya..
Rendang Minang- mum's resipi
Lodeh- its a must have!
(with sambal sotong kering and kuah kacang)
Pineapple Tart- evergreen Raya cookies


by the way, since im not going home this year i'll be celebrating the Eid at my student's place in Paris (dont be surprised we also have a place named Paris here in Kinabatangan). Wawan to be exact (he's more to my brother actually we have been so close since last year that we have treat each other just like brothers).his family also being nice to me. they treat me just like their family even thought im a stranger. i feel comfortable there just like being at home. im going to stay there for a couple of days.and for this year we have decided to chose to wear the same colour for our baju melayu.. guess what colour it is? hehe will upload and post it later.. 
Last Year Photo- He won for the best Baju Melayu

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri especially to my beloved family members back there in Gombak (Mama, Abah, Along, Angah, Yanti, Nora, Ayin and all my nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters-in-law .sorry i cannot celebrate Raya there with you guys again this year), my beloved relatives, all my friends (especially my good friends who are always there for me!), neighbours, colleagues, students and all muslims around the world. I also would like to apologize for anything that I have said and done that might have offended any of you. Maaf Zahir dan Batin. Please forgive me deep from the bottom of my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment